Bike Share Lending Program
A new, free way to explore Cedar Hill is available through the bike lending program at the Zula B. Wylie Public Library. Cedar Hill residents 18 years or older with a library card in good standing can check out a bike overnight to ride around the Historic Downtown or Cedar Hill’s world-class . Helmets and locks are provided with the bike rental. A Wal-Mart Neighborhood Grant provided the funding to purchase bikes from the local B&B Bicycle shop.
Library Bicycle Lending Policy
How it Works
- Present your Texas ID and library card to the Reference Desk.
- A copy of your ID will be made and kept so we know who borrows each bike.
- Sign the liability waiver form each time you check out a bike.
- Choose which bike you want to borrow. It will be checked out to your library card.
- You will be given a key to the bike lock.
- Optional helmets are available for checkout also.
- The bike can now be taken from the library.
- Library bicycles can be kept overnight.
- Return bike and accessories to Reference desk by 5pm the next business day. Saturday checkouts return by Monday.
- Bikes cannot be renewed or placed on hold.
- Only one bike can be checked out per library card.
Who is Eligible?
- Cedar Hill residents only
- Must be age 18 or older
- Zula B. Wylie library card must be active for at least 90 days (3 months)
- Library account must be in good standing during the time of checkout (card fines must total less than $5.00).
Fines and Damage
- Fines for overdue bikes are $5.00 per day.
- If bike or accessories are returned damaged, you will be charged for the cost to repair or replace the item.
- If bike is not returned after 2 days late, it will be considered lost and you will be charged $300 for the cost of the bike, and $20 for helmet.
- Please follow the rules of the road.
- Please lock the bicycle when not in use.
- Please treat the bike like it is your own, so that others can enjoy riding a safe and high quality bike after you.