The City of Cedar Hill requires all dogs, when outdoors, to be confined within the owner's fence, secured on a leash in accordance with State Law, or under the control of the owner. Dogs running at-large are subject to being impounded by the city. Owners of impounded animals could receive a citation for violating the city's leash law.
- All animals redeemed from the Tri-City Animal Shelter and Adoption Center will be microchipped prior to leaving the shelter.
- All dogs and cats must be currently vaccinated against rabies.
- Owners must provide proof of their pet's rabies vaccination within 3 business days.
- All animals impounded from the city of Cedar Hill are required to be sterilized, with proof required by the shelter within thirty (30) days.
- Remember that animals running at large have a much greater chance of being seriously injured or lost. Please control your animals at all times when outside.
- More information regarding the city's animal ordinances is available through the animal control office, (972) 223-6111, or by visiting this website.
To reclaim an animal the owner would pay the related impoundment fee, microchip fee, and daily maintenance fee. For example an animal picked up for the first time and picked up the next day would be as follows:
- $30 Impoundment Fee
- $25 Microchip Fee
- $10 One day Maintenance Fee
Total Cost = $65 that must be paid by cash, check, or credit card
Be sure to ask about low cost spay/neuter options! Spayed/Neutered animals are far less likely to roam.
|*4th and Subsequent Impoundments||$100|
|* Repeat occurrences could result in the animal being declared a nuisance and removed according to ordinance.||*|
|Daily Maintenance Fee||$10|